In the Bhavishya Malika book, the five Great Sages (Panch Sakha’s), have spelled out many signs/traits/happennings/changes in the world, as proofs of end of Kali Yuga.
Signs of end of Kali Yuga in Society –
para puruṣe para stirī | gupta prema re jibe mili ||
tāṁkara baḍhiba sammāna | satī sāvitrī hebe hīna ||
je karithiba pāñca pati | dāṇḍe se phulāība chāti ||
-Chayāliśa Paṭala (Acyutānanda Dāsa) page-185
Eminent sage Achyutanand Das Ji states in his treatise ‘Chhayalish Patala’ that cases of marital infidelity will proliferate at the end of the Kali Yuga, leading to rising cases of adultery. People indulging in such affairs will generally be held in high regard, while the women committed to marital obligations will be considered inferior and, at times, treated with disdain. Besides, women who have multiple partners will often be seen boasting about it.
hoiba anīti jehun sakāla ārata |
kalankī prakāśa hebe oḍiśā desata ||
– Bhaviṣyajātipāṭaka Gītā, (Acyutānanda Dāsa)
Accurately prophesying the grossly sinful human life at the end of the Kali Yuga, eminent seer Achyutanand Das says that men will be unceasingly engaged in countless evil deeds at such a time. Relentless butchering of animals, including cow slaughter, will transcend all brutalities. People’s insensitivities will be at their peak, and the horrific killing of not only women, children, and elderly people but also parents will be evident in society.
Such extreme and overwhelmingly predominant moral debasement will pervade society before Lord Kalki descends to earth and takes birth in Odisha to eradicate it.
asatya anīti prabala। ghora kalire heba sāra।।
prabala jana mata dekhi। rājā bujiba beni ākhi।।
yubaka yuvatī prabala। hoī bulibe dala dala।।
na śuṇi gurujana kathā। antare sadā kāma cintā।।
juāiṁ jhia rājā hebe। śāśū śvaśura pūjā debe।।
tharībe bhaye gurujana। rakhibā pāiṁ tāṁka mana।।
-Chayāliśa Paṭala (Acyutānanda Dāsa) page-187
Sage Achyutanand Das, the 15th-century eminent seer, prophesies that falsehood and immorality, representing the quintessence of this age, will reign all over at the end of the Kali Yuga. The republican form of government will render the monarchy obsolete, leaving the kings helpless and languishing. Bold and fearless, the young guys and girls of this time will wander around in groups and be quick to indulge in unsacred relationships. They will be filled with lustful thoughts and will often defy their elders and well-wishers.
In-laws will be overpowered by their daughters and sons-in-law and, at times, will submit to their terms. Even the other elders of the family will stay humble and dare not hurt their egos.
- Many men & women, will become sterile- incapable of producing children.
- Change of gender, from male to female & vice-versa, will become possible. Many male & females will change their gender.
- Controlled by excessive lust, greed for wealth and led by selfish motives, son’s will kill their own parents.
- Societal tradition of living in a joint family, will annihilate. Not only brothers will live in separate houses, but husband and wife will also dwell separately.
- Son’s will forcibly make old parents leave their home. Old parents will either live alone or take shelter in old-age homes.
- All humans, will suffer from some ailment and will live with support of medicines.
- Phenomenal increase in the number of non-vegetarian, alcoholics, tobacco users and drug addicts in the society.
- Phenomenal increase in the number of abortions and infanticide in the world.
- Increase in the number of second wives in the world.
- Husband and wife will not remain loyal to each other.
- Society, in general, will not worship Gods.
- Son will not do Pind Daanam (a Vedic ritual) for their deceased parents.
- Son will not take part in the funeral rites of parents.
- Widowed women will perform last rites and do Pind Daanam (a Vedic ritual to be performed only by men for the deceased).
- There will be Gay marriages – man marrying another man.
- There will be Levirate marriage – women to women marriage.
- Brother and sister will marry each other.
- Father, in some instances, will make inappropriate relationship with his daughter.
- Men will don indecorous/ill-suited/ungentlemanly clothes and women will wear- revealing, skimpy, see-through, figure-hugging clothes to look sensuous.
- Men will deliver child.
- Men will don the ‘undercut’ hairstyle, that leaves length on top but has the back and sides of the head (above the ears) closely cut or buzzed.
- There will be a marriage between aunt and nephew.
- Mother-in-law and son-in-law will have love-affair.
- Uncle will settle with his niece.
- Everyone will adopt western culture and dress accordingly.
- Married women will not wear vermilion (sindur) on forehead and bangles in hands.
- Human beings will not live, full life-span (100% age)
- People will not be interested in the study of scriptures like Gita, Bhagwat, Shastras, and Puranas. Instead they will study Kama Shastra.
- People will stop worshiping the holy plant of ‘Tulsi’.
- People will stop the worship of their Kuldevi/Kuldevataa (The word kuldevi/kuladevata is derived from two words: kula, meaning clan, and devi/devata, meaning deity, referring to the ancestral deities that are worshipped by particular clans.)
- Society will see an increase in the number of Misogynists.
- Society will respect the evil, corrupt and unknowledgeable/ignorant people.
- Marriage alliances will happen without any consideration of high or low caste, in or outside caste, religion, etc.
- Younger men will marry women elder to them.
- Wise men instead of practising Gayatri Mantra, will get into the practice of black magic, witchcraft and their likes.
- Vedic knowledge will become extinct .
- Women will roam, with their hair let down. Young females will like nudity and exhibit their body parts.
- Women will trade their bodies to earn a living.
- Rule of Kings will get abolished by the end of Kali Yuga.
- People, fasting on the auspicious day of Ekaadashi, will continue to eat non-vegetarian food on another days.
- Some people will consume alcohol and meat along with Nirmaalya (sacred food offering of Lord Jagannath).
- People will eat, recreate, and sleep at untimely hours.
- Untimely intercourse between man & woman, will cause deaths in the womb.
- Young girls & boys will secretively abort pregnancy.
- Men will enjoy, adulterous acts with someone, other than his wife.
- Feeling of unrest/disturbance will loom large, over all the families of the World.
Signs of end of Kali Yuga in Nature – The Five Elements (Air, Water, Fire, Earth, Space)
adina re nimba kaḍhi ācariba adine āmba baula।
adine kokila rāba karuthiba puruṣa pilā prasaba।
– Siśu Ananta Mālikā
In his Malika treatise, revered sage Shishu Ananta Das prophesies that people will witness anomalous events materialising at the end of the Kali Yuga.
Unprecedented and unheard-of, these events are enumerated as the unseasonal flowering of neem trees, the premature blooming of mango flowers, the untimely singing of cuckoos, and instances of men going into labour. The sage characterizes these aberrations as those heralding the end of the Kali Yuga.
rājā ra bala heba hina। se lāgī heba se maūna।।
kāhin hoiba tāpa vrddhi। prāṇī hoiba hata buddhi।।
kāhinke khojība śitala। kahīn bā hima ra prabala।।
prakrti labhiba vikrti। bhūkampa kāhin dibā rātri।।
adekhā dekhā heba kete। aśuṇā śuṇu thibū nitye।।
mahāmārī re jibe thoke। kete calibe mahāśoke।।
-Chayāliśa Paṭala (Acyutānanda Dāsa) page-185
Predicting the grim situations at the end of the Kali Yuga, revered sage Achyutanand Das writes that at such time, democracy will become the order of the day and will render the kingships defunct and the monarchs powerless. In some places, scorching heat will cause the inhabitants to lose their mental vigor. Soaring mercury levels will make many hunt for cooler destinations, while bone-chilling temperatures in many other places will cause snowfalls there.
Natural disasters will witness a surge, and some places will see earthquakes occurring day in and day out. Humans will watch unseen and unheard-of events materialize every day. Epidemics of biblical proportions will kill innumerable people while causing so many others to spend their lives miserably.
- Cuckoo (a specie of bird) will sing at midnight.
- Premature flowering of the mango tree.
- Unseasonal flowering of Neem tree (Azadirachta indica) will untimely.
- Various trees, will bear different fruits and flowers (different from what originally should be).
- Paddy will grow in bamboo trees.
- Crops in the fields, will be infected by pests.
- Inadequate cultivation of crops, will lead to decline in the yield of crops.
- There will be famine in many places.
- Loss of human and animal life in lightning strikes and thunderclap.
- Premature death of Cow’s (sacred animal as per Vedas)
- Spread of unknown diseases among humans, as well as, animals.
- 64 types of epidemics will spread on the earth.
- Untimely change of Seasons. 6 seasons will be experienced within a span of 13 days.
- Untimely flooding of rivers.
- There will be fog during the day time.
- There will be repeated storms, due to which sea will cross coastline.
- There will be flood in the desert.
- Heavy rains, will cause flooding on top of the mountains. Causing loss of life of human beings, animals & other living organisms.
- Loss of life of huge number of aquatic animals and sea creatures.
- Due to intense heat of Sun, ice at North and South Poles, will start to melt.
- Forest fire in many big jungles, will engulf millions of animals.
- Every month, every day, earthquake tremors will be felt in every corner of the earth.
- Jackals will howl during the day.
- The color of the cock’s crown will change from red to white.
- Lotus will bloom even in the month of Vaishakh (April-May)
- All four directions will appear smoky.
- Cloud burst rain will occur in plains, as well as, in the hilly areas of the earth.
- Storms, tornado, cyclone, etc. will strike some or the other place of the earth.
- Many new and dormant volcanoes will start becoming active.
Signs of end of Kali Yuga in Planets and Constellations:-
- Rays of the moon will appear hazy.
- Sun’s rays will become 10 times more intense.
- Because of the repeated change in the ‘paksha’ (lunar phase), there will be lunar phase of 13 days, instead of 15 days.
- Meteorites will fall from the sky, again and again.
- Very often, Amavasya and Sankranti will converge (occur) on the same day.
- Very often, Purnima and Sankranti will converge (occur) on the same day.
- Solar eclipse on new moon and lunar eclipse on full moon will occur within the gap of one lunar phase (paksha).
- At some point of time, there will be a ring reflected around the Sun and also a ring will be reflected around the moon.
- Unnatural movements in planets & constellations, will frequently be seen.
- Speed of movement of planets, will change frequently.
- Planets and constellations will not remain in harmony with the situation.
Signs of end of Kali Yuga in Places of Worship –
- There will be thunderbolts on top of many temples. At some places, sacred flags atop these temples will catch fire in thunderbolt.
- There will be theft and loot in many temples. Idols (murti) of God will not be spared. They will be stolen to.
- People will do evil deeds inside the temple premises.
- Priests will become non-vegetarian and alcoholic. Such priests will perform the rituals in the Temples.
- Non-vegetarian & alcoholic people will come to temple.
- Temples and spiritual places, will loose its Spiritual environment.
- Temples will be un-protected and un-kept, while the presence of the residing deity is still there.
- Worship of God’s- Goddess’s will cease to happen at may places.
- Because of all the above , Gods and Goddesses of the village, will leave the village.
Signs of end of Kali Yuga in Gurus’, Disciple, Saints, Ascetic, Monks –
kalijuge pāpa bhāra baḍhijiba jahuṁ।
nigama śāstra bacana na mānibe kehū।।
alpāyu hoībe nara na miliba bela।
mīcha māyā bhoga sūkhe kaṭijiba kāla।।
-Chayāliśa Paṭala (Acyutānanda Dāsa) page-162
Prophesying about the end of the Kali Yuga, Achyutanand Das, a 15th-century poet-seer and eminent sage, writes that the burden of sin will grow tremendously then owing to people’s involvement in a myriad of sins. People will have a reckless disregard for the scriptures, and they will fail to abide by the scriptural instructions. They will not get time for religious observance due to their short lifespans, and all their lives they will remain engrossed in the false gratification of their senses. Thus deluded by material pursuits, they will become alienated from God.
- Many people will start the Guru-Shishya parampara (tradition of master-disciple), with the purpose of making a living..
- Self-proclaimed, Guru’s will lack knowledge of scriptures (Shastra, Purana, etc.)
- Using the power of Tantra, some will proclaim themselves as Guru.
- Exorcists will be respected and looked upon as big Gurus in the society.
- Non-vegetarianism and alcoholism will be encouraged in the Guru tradition.
- Even people of upper castes will start fishing with nets and sticks in their hands and will do the work of butchers.
- Celibate people will not follow celibacy.
- By changing the name given by parents and prefixing it with titles like Saint, Swamiji, Das, Maharaj etc. to it, they will get themselves called God/Great man.
- By virtue of wearing orange and saffron clothes, people will get themselves called Guru.
- By cutting forests and worshiping the bill, they will propagate false glory by calling it God’s order instructed in their dreams.
- Guru will marry the disciple and call her as their Ashta Patrani.
- Guru’s will self-proclaim themselves, as an incarnation of God.
- By showing fake conch shell and calling themselves Lord Kalki, they will continue to loot people.
- So called, Guru, will be greedy for disciple’s wife and will abduct her.
- Under the pretext of calling themselves ‘Gopal’ and disciples as ‘Gopi’, they will fulfill their lustful desires.
- Guru will declare himself as Lord Narayana. And will lure his disciples to perform his foot service, to attain moksha (salvation).
- Those keeping Jata (dreadlocks), will disguise as Sadhus (ascetic monks) & loot people.
- Even illiterate and lazy people will call themselves servants of God and will start cheating people by wearing sacred thread on their shoulders.
- Gurus will select and collect wealthy disciples. By giving them false hope of attaining Salvation or a place in Heaven, they will lead luxurious life with the donation (dakshina) received from disciples.
Today, we often find such inexplicably strange events occurring around us. While attesting to the end of the Kali Yuga, these events firmly affirm that we are on the cusp of the Satya Yuga (the Golden Age).